Other Programs Abroad
CSB+SJU is excited to see students seeking and participating in many activities located outside of the United States. In order to make well-informed international travel decisions and to improve the safety and quality of sponsored international activities, CSB+SJU has an international travel policy that applies to any international activity funded, endorsed, organized, or implemented by CSB+SJU faculty, students, staff, or administration involving CSB+SJU students. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Study Abroad programs
- Campus Ministry trips
- Field studies
- Community Engaged Learning
- Athletic competitions
- Art performances or exhibitions
- Volunteer or experiential learning
- Any other formal, non-credit bearing international travel by students organized and/or sponsored by CSB+SJU, a CSB+SJU unit, or a CSB+SJU faculty or staff member, including individuals supported wholly or in part by CSB+SJU funding in the form of a grant, scholarship, or assistantship, or while on CSB+SJU payroll.
Please note that this policy only applies to CSB+SJU faculty and staff if they are traveling with CSB+SJU students.
International Travel Registration
In an effort to support valuable educational activities and reduce potential risks to its students, faculty, and staff, CSB+SJU requires that all students traveling internationally with institutional affiliation register their international travel through the CSB+SJU Center for Global Education International Travel Registration. The Center for Global Education is responsible for the administration and oversight of the International Travel Registration.
- To register your group's international travel, first complete the International Travel Permission Form at least 4-6 months prior to your proposed travel dates.
- If your destination is at or above a level 3 advisory according to the U.S. State Department Travel Advisory system, the program will also need to apply for a Travel Exception Request.
- After approval of the CSB+SJU sponsored international activity, the following items are required:
- Submit specific program travel details to CGE.
- All students must complete the International Travel Registration on the CSBSJU-Global Portal and review the CSB+SJU Center for Global Education Student Handbook.
- All CSB+SJU students, faculty, and staff on CSB+SJU sponsored international activities are required to have health and travel insurance, for which they will be charged a daily rate.
Please contact CGE at 320-363-5952 or [email protected] with any questions regarding the process.