Short-term Study Abroad Community Standards
COLLEGE OF ST. BENEDICT/ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY
As a student on an upcoming Short-term study abroad or international CSB/SJU sponsored program study abroad program, you will be studying abroad at a time when your host country is navigating the COVID-19 pandemic. Study abroad in Spring 2022 will require a high degree of flexibility as well as respect for your local host community and your CSB/SJU study abroad community.
As a student on a 2021-2022 Short-term study abroad program or CSB/SJU sponsored international travel experience, I understand that:
- I am required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to participate on a Short-term 2021-2022 study abroad program.
- I must arrive in my program country on the designated start date with no pre-arrivals permitted.
- No travel will be allowed outside the program country during my program dates. If I travel outside of the program country during the program dates, it is grounds for my immediate removal from the program.
- I must abide by local health and program partner regulations.
- I must abide by all quarantines, curfews, and group gathering limits imposed by local governmental authorities. My movement within the program country may be restricted.
- If I am isolated due to COVID-19, my instructor will do their best to provide virtual instruction/ and or other accommodations to enable me to complete the course, but experiential elements of the program will not be duplicated. I will be ineligible for refunds of any unrecoverable costs.
- CGE strongly recommends against post-program travel due to the increased risks of quarantines outside my program country. CGE does not have the ability to support me outside the official program dates.
I have read and I agree to the above Short-term Study Abroad Community Standards. My electronic signature of this form on the CSBSJU-Global Portal will affirm my voluntary decision to participate in the Study Abroad Program of CSB/SJU.