COVID-19 Vaccine & Fall Semester Study Abroad FAQ
Why is CSB/SJU requiring all students who are participating on a Fall 2021 semester program to be vaccinated?
CSB and SJU have made the recent decision to require that all students complete a COVID-19 vaccination series before participating in a CSB/SJU-sponsored Fall 2021 study abroad program. A growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to be infected without showing symptoms and thus potentially less likely to spread the virus that causes COVID-19 to others. In addition, study abroad program countries may now require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for entry and the vaccination may enable students to reduce or avoid a period of quarantine. Airlines and countries may require proof of COVID-19 vaccine to allow travel or entry. Some hotels and venues (such as museums, theaters, etc.) may require proof of a COVID vaccine. Students inoculated in the U.S. will likely receive the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines. All of these vaccines are approved and accepted by the European Union and the United Kingdom.
When is the Deadline for COVID-19 Vaccine Verification?
Each student must upload a picture or scan of their CDC COVID-19 vaccination card to their CSB/SJU-Global Portal. This documentation must be uploaded by July 1, 2021.
How do I find a vaccine?
In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has set up a website that can help you search by zipcode to access available locations offering the vaccine. You can also find available vaccinations at local pharmacies and medical facilities. Requirements might differ by location – insurance, citizenship and identification may not be needed.
Other General Frequently Asked Questions
In light of COVID-19, what are the CGE cancellation policies?
CSB/SJU has an updated Fall 2021 Cancellation policy that allows for some more flexibility.
These changes are found on our semester cancellation policies website.
If a program is cancelled by CGE prior to the program start date, you will receive a full refund or your application fee and will not be charged any additional cancellation fees.
Health & Safety
- As an additional layer of support, all Fall 2021 semester study abroad programs will have an onsite CSB/SJU faculty director.
- We anticipate students and faculty will all have to quarantine upon arrival. We are in the process of arranging on-site quarantine with our international program partners.
- Each program site will have access to COVID-19 testing and medical infrastructure.
- In the event a student tests positive for COVID, quarantine/isolation housing space will be available at the program site.
- CSB/SJU-provided international health insurance will cover COVID-related illness. Additionally, there will also be increased access for tele-health options.
- All classroom spaces at international program sites will be COVID-compliant according to local heath authority requirements.
- In the event there is a surge in COVID (or a student needs to quarantine/isolate due to COVID) hybrid and or remote learning options will be available at each program site.
- If a program is cancelled by CGE prior to the program start date, students will receive a full refund of their application fee and will not be charged any additional cancellation fees. (All other semester cancellation policies will continue to apply).
- Any violation of the Community Expectations could result in disciplinary action being taken, including dismissal from the program.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
Contact [email protected]