PLEASE NOTE: The best source of information concerning medical preparations is your own physician.
- You should make an appointment with the CSB/SJU Health Services, or another medical professional to discuss your travel itinerary.
- PLAN AHEAD! Some vaccinations require time intervals between them.
- Any travel consultations, immunizations, and health exams are the financial and personal responsibility of the traveling student.
Although most countries have adequate medical services (i.e. a full range of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and medical services), everyone traveling to another country assumes some risks. Students studying on all study abroad programs should research the specific health and safety concerns for their destination on these websites:
- • The Department of State's Travel website (www.travel.state.gov)
- • The Centers for Disease Control website (www.cdc.gov)
- • World Health Organization website (www.who.int)
- You are required to complete an on-line Health Form through the CSB/SJU Global Portal. This form is designed to encourage you to self-disclose any physical, mental or learning disabilities. This will help Faculty/Assistant directors, along with CGE staff, in case of an emergency.
- It is our goal to work between CGE, the Faculty Director and the student to devise a plan to address any physical, mental, or learning disabilities. Please note: No student can be removed from a program due to such concerns. Please be completely open and honest about any conditions.
- You will also be required to complete the Emergency Contact form through the CSB/SJU Global Portal.
- CSB/SJU policy requires students to have health insurance coverage through a family plan, an individual policy, or a student plan.
- Check with your health insurance carrier to confirm that it will cover you while you are abroad. Become familiar with the coverage provisions, deductible items, and the process for making claims.
- The Center for Global Education will also enroll all students participating in a CSB/SJU sponsored or affiliated program abroad in international medican & Accident insurance provided by Zurich Insurance Company.
- More information with contact details found on our Health Insurance website.