Short-Term: Embedded, Summer & Global Fellowship Program Selection Criteria
Criteria are not listed by order of importance; all are considered as part of a holistic application review.
- GPA—minimum of 2.5*. Students who are otherwise well qualified and in good academic standing may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. *NOTE: The Germany Global Fellowship program has a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0.
- Quality of Study Abroad Application Essay and Resume.
- Preference is given to qualified seniors, qualified juniors, and qualified sophomores in that order.
- A disciplinary violation could affect acceptance to a study abroad program. A student on disciplinary probation cannot participate on a short-term program.
- Qualified students who have never been on a CSB/SJU sponsored Global fellowship program receive preference over students who have already participated in that type of program. Previous short-term study abroad participation is not factored in these selection criteria.*
- Quality of Study Abroad Interview (if applicable)*
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member*
*Letters of recommendation & Interviews are only required for Global Fellowships. Directors may elect to conduct interviews for other short-term programs.When a program is filled to capacity, a ranked waiting list of qualified students will be kept to fill any cancellations.
A student cannot be accepted to a program if he/she has not completed the application process.