Short-Term Program Cancellation Policies
Withdrawal from a study abroad program must be made in writing to the Center for Global Education. CGE reserves the right to not fill a space resulting from a student's withdrawal. Under no circumstances are cancellations accepted by phone or in person. Until a cancellation e-mail is received you are still enrolled in the course and subject to the cancellation policy. The application fee is non-refundable for any Short-Term program, which includes Embedded, Summer or Global Fellowship programs.
In the case of withdrawal due to serious health matters and accidents, all recoverable fees will be refunded with the exception of the application fee. Written notification from the student is required, in addition to a doctor's statement.
Short-term Programs - Spring Embedded, Summer, and Global Fellowship Study Abroad Programs Cancellation Fees/Dates
Withdrawal between January 1 and February 1
- $250.00 plus any fees unrecoverable for cancellation
Withdrawal between February 2 - March 30
- $500 cancellation fees plus any fees unrecoverable for cancellation up to 50% of the program fee.
Withdrawals after March 31
- $500 cancellation fees plus any fees unrecoverable for cancellation up to 100% of the program fee.
If a student withdraws before a summer or Global Fellowship program begins, the tuition charge will be removed from the student's account and the student will not be required to pay the tuition charges. Once the program starts, there is no refund of tuition or program fees made to the student.
Fall Embedded Study Abroad Programs 2019 - Cancellation Fees/Dates
Withdrawal between April 15 and September 15
- $500.00 cancellation fee any fees unrecoverable for cancellation
Withdrawal between September 16 and November 1
- 50% of the program fee plus any fees unrecoverable for cancellation
Withdrawal after November 1
- No course fee refund will be given.