Semester Study Abroad Program Application
The application for all 2019/2020 semester study abroad programs is now closed.
The application for all 2020/2021 semester study abroad programs will open on November 1, 2019.
A complete application will include BOTH of the items listed below. You are responsible for electronically submitting 1. Online Application and $300 Online Application Fee and 2. Recommendation Request Form.
1. Online Application and $300 Online Application Fee*:
The $300 Application Fee will need to be paid online at the end of your application, please have a debit or credit card ready. This fee covers application processing fees, pre-departure and re-entry programming, miscellaneous insurance, and emergency evacuation or repatriation of remains. This fee is non‑refundable if you are accepted for a program, but will be refunded if you are not accepted.
Every study abroad applicant is required to have three references:
- Faculty or Academic Advisor
- Faculty Member
- Non-Faculty Member (Should be a member of the CSB/SJU community. This person could be a coach, work supervisor, FR/RD, etc. PLEASE NOTE THIS CAN NOT BE COMPLETED BY A RA OR OTHER STUDENT PEER!)
Students applying to Chile, Germany, Guatemala, and Spain are required to request a Language Recommendation. If you have fulfilled the language pre-requisite for your desired program through an Advanced Placement exam or College in the Schools coursework, or though a proficiency exam at CSB/SJU, and have NOT taken a language course at CSB/SJU, please contact Center for Global Education for an alternative to the online Language Recommendation.
Students applying to Austria, China, France, and Japan who HAVE COMPLETED language courses should also request this recommendation.
- Language Recommendation (completed by an instructor who can attest to your abilities in the program's language).
You must request your recommendations via the link above. This can be done at any point in the process; you do not need to wait until your application is complete. This online form must be filled out in addition to the Study Abroad Application.
You should speak with your prospective references BEFORE listing them on your application. They should be familiar with your academic, personal, or professional goals. Please request that your references submit the online recommendation form by the application deadline.
If you plan to request an off-campus reference, please follow the instructions listed on the on-line request form.
On your behalf, the Center for Global Education will obtain:
1. Academic transcript: this will be requested by the Center for Global Education Abroad for all CSB/SJU applicants.
2. Behavior Violation Records: Behavior violation reports will be requested by CGE for all CSB/SJU applicants. If you have questions or want a copy of your student behavior/conduct record prior to submitting your application, please contact the Dean of Students Office below and allow up to 5 business days for inquiry.
CSB Students SJU StudentsMarcia Mahlum Fr. Ian DommerMurray Hall 106C Sexton 210B
Ext. 5601 Ext. 2440
*The $300 application fee is not meant to deter study abroad application. CGE offers a payment plan in which you can spread out your application fee in 3 monthly payments of $100 each. Please contact the Center for Global Education at (320-363-5952) to set up an appointment to discuss financing study abroad and to be approved for the payment plan.