Semester Study Abroad Program Application
We are still accepting applications for the following programs:
- Fall Austria - Salzburg (program requires no previous language!)
- Fall Chile - Vina del Mar (pre-req HISP 112)
- Fall France - Cannes (program requires no previous language!)
- Fall Ireland - Galway
- Fall Italy & Greece - Roman-Greco
- Spring Germany - Eichstatt (pre-req GERM 3xx-level course)
- Spring Spain - Segovia (pre-req HISP 312)
Applications accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis until March 15th for Fall Programs and September 1st for Spring Programs.
What to expect? Your complete application will include the following:
Online Application: You will be asked a variety of questions to explain your academic, professional, and personal goals for study abroad.
Recommendation Request: Every study abroad applicant is required to have three references. You should speak with your prospective references BEFORE listing them on your application. They should be familiar with your academic, personal, and professional goals.
Academic/Faculty Advisor -
Faculty Member -
Non-Faculty Member -
Language Recommendation (for select programs) - Students applying to Chile, Germany, Guatemala, and Spain are required to request a Language Recommendation. If you have fulfilled the language pre-requisite for your desired program through an Advanced Placement exam or College in the Schools coursework, or though a proficiency exam at CSB/SJU, and have NOT taken a language course at CSB/SJU, please contact Center for Global Education for an alternative to the Language Recommendation. Students applying to Austria, China, France, and Japan who HAVE COMPLETED language courses should also request this recommendation.
$300 Online Application Fee: You will pay the $300 application fee online, at the end of your application. Have a debit or credit card ready. This fee covers application processing fees, pre-departure and re-entry programming, miscellaneous insurance, and emergency evacuation or repatriation of remains. This fee is non‑refundable if you are accepted for a program, but will be refunded if you are not accepted. The $300 application fee is not meant to deter study abroad application. CGE offers a payment plan in which you can spread out your application fee in 3 monthly payments of $100 each. Please contact the Center for Global Education at (320-363-5952) to set up an appointment to discuss financing study abroad and to be approved for the payment plan.
- Transcript: You will need to upload an unofficial copy of your most recent CSB/SJU transcript. You can use a PDF of your unofficial transcript from Banner for this purpose.
- Resume: You will need to upload your resume or CV. CSB/SJU Experience & Professional Development (XPD) provides assistance in creating a resume for study abroad.
- Photo: You will be asked to upload a PDF photo of yourself. Photo must show head and shoulders of just you. Think passport or driver's license style. Your photo must be of you and no one else. Your head must face the camera directly with your full face in view, centered in the frame. You should crop your picture as a square image.
On your behalf, the Center for Global Education will obtain Behavior Violation Records. If you have questions or want a copy of your student behavior/conduct record prior to submitting your application, please contact the Dean of Students Office below and allow up to 5 business days for inquiry.
CSB Students SJU StudentsMarcia Mahlum Fr. Ian DommerMurray Hall 106C Sexton 210B
Ext. 5601 Ext. 2440