Internship Overview and Links
GBUS Internship Requirements:
GBUS students complete four hours of Experiential Learning in the GBUS major. Most commonly, students complete a four-credit internship.
Internships include both an on-site component and a classroom component. The on-site component involves hands-on experience in an organization with supervision and mentoring by a site supervisor. The classroom component (done via Canvas in the summer) includes class discussions, a series of readings and reflective assignments and a final reflection paper. Students are required to organize and execute a site visit with the faculty moderator and the site supervisor.
So, what are the hallmarks of an internship?
- Work experience that connects to and enriches your academic business education
- Intentional plan for professional mentoring to help you gain valuable skills for your career
- Exposure to business management and leadership activities
- Professional skill development
- Career exploration & reflection