Important Dates for Fall 2019
Move In Day: Thursday, August 22, 2019
First Year and Transfer Orientation: Thursday, August 22 - Sunday, August 25, 2019
Bridge Construction: Saint John's Exit #156 from I-94 begins June 3. Detour options to get to campus.
Move in day information
Students will be assigned a move in time based on their housing assignments. We ask that you move in during your assigned time, which will be either the first time slot from 8 a.m.-11 a.m. or the the second time slot from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Moving in during your assigned time slot will allow us to help you move in quickly with ease.
Throughout move in, there are plenty of activities to keep parents and students busy exploring the campuses including:
- Parent Information Sessions
- Community Picnic
- Resource Fair
- Family Liturgy
To help incoming students transition to college life and introduce them to academic and campus life on the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University campuses.
- Getting to know your Orientation Leaders and group through various activities
- Community lunches
- Dinner hosted by the Presidents of CSB and SJU respectively
- Getting to know your residential community
- Evening Social Programming
- Fun, interactive, and informative presentations
- Welcome from the Monastic Communities
- Meet-a-Prof sessions
Orientation Learning Goals & Outcomes
Education at the College of Saint Benedict & Saint John’s University begins with an orientation program designed to welcome all students and to help them launch a successful college experience. The orientation program will communicate our mission as Catholic, Benedictine, residential, liberal arts colleges. The program will provide students with information and resources on the value of a liberal arts experience, diversity and inclusion, and healthy choices. Lastly, the orientation program will inspire students to take ownership of their learning, to actively participate in the community, and take responsibility for their actions and behaviors inside and outside of the classroom.
- Understand the mission of CSB and SJU.
- Identify the key aspects of a liberal arts experience at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the definition and role of cultural agility to help enable success at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the role of healthy social choices that may help to enable success at CSB/SJU.
- Identify their own expectations for effective learning at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the benefits of engagement and participation in the CSB/SJU and external community while at CSB/SJU.
- Identify the impact their individual behavior and action can have in and outside the classroom.
New Bennies and Johnnies enjoy a "fine arts experience" as part of their orientation.
During orientation, the incoming first-year students spend time on both the CSB and SJU campuses.