Important Dates for Spring 2021
Move In Day for New Students: Saturday, January 23rd, 2021
New Student Orientation: Sunday, January 24th, 2021
New International Student Orientation: Sunday, January 24th, 2021
Transfer Student Orientation: Sunday, January 24th, 2021
Move in day information
U.S. Students will be assigned a move in time based on their housing assignments. We ask that you move in during your assigned time. Moving in during your assigned time slot will allow us to help you move in quickly with ease.
To help incoming students transition to college life and introduce them to academic and campus life on the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University campuses.
- Getting to know your Orientation Leaders and group through various activities
- Getting to know your residential community
- Evening Social Programming
- Fun, interactive, and informative presentations
- Welcome from the Monastic Communities
Orientation Learning Goals & Outcomes
Education at the College of Saint Benedict & Saint John’s University begins with an orientation program designed to welcome all students and to help them launch a successful college experience. The orientation program will communicate our mission as Catholic, Benedictine, residential, liberal arts colleges. The program will provide students with information and resources on the value of a liberal arts experience, diversity and inclusion, and healthy choices. Lastly, the orientation program will inspire students to take ownership of their learning, to actively participate in the community, and take responsibility for their actions and behaviors inside and outside of the classroom.
- Understand the mission of CSB and SJU.
- Identify the key aspects of a liberal arts experience at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the definition and role of cultural agility to help enable success at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the role of healthy social choices that may help to enable success at CSB/SJU.
- Identify their own expectations for effective learning at CSB/SJU.
- Understand the benefits of engagement and participation in the CSB/SJU and external community while at CSB/SJU.
- Identify the impact their individual behavior and action can have in and outside the classroom.