Join Our Team
2022 Call for Orientation Leaders and Peer Mentors
First Year Experience (FYX) is pleased to announce the application form for both Orientation Leaders (OLs) and Peer Mentors (PMs) is now available at 2022 OL/PM Application. The position description for each role can be found in the application form itself (and on the Student Employment and SALD websites).
- OLs primarily serve during New Student Orientation (Friday Aug 26th thru Sunday Aug 28th (2022).
- Peer Mentors assist instructors in the College Success Course (INTG 105) during the fall semester.
There is one application for both positions— students can choose to apply for one or both.
- The application closes Monday, Feb 21st.
- Interviews (individual and group) will take place the week of February 28th, 2022. Students can expect to be notified no later than the end of March.
Special Note: Please read the requirements for the position carefully and the expectations to attend Spring 2022 and August 2022 training sessions (dates are in the application form).
- New for August 2022 training: a large amount of the training for OLs and PMs overlaps, therefor, early arrival to campus is granted and expected for students serving in both or just one position.
- August training begins Monday, August 22nd (OL/PM move-in day) and runs thru Thursday, August 25th.
- New students move in Friday, August 26th.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you!