Request for Accommodation

There are limited housing spaces available for accommodations and priority will be given to individuals who are eligible to receive accommodations under Section 504 or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Under the ADA, individuals must document the impact of their disability on major life activities. All disabilities and medical history pertaining to the disability must be documented by a licensed health care professional.

Special housing accommodations are not standard academic accommodations. In order to determine if special housing is a reasonable accommodation, we must receive documentation of your need for special housing with a correlation to the housing requested and that it is reasonable to believe that you will not be able to secure said housing on your own in the Room Selection process.

In order to ensure the provision of reasonable and appropriate accommodations and services, current documentation is required. It should be submitted with professional letterhead by a licensed health care professional. A decision on housing accommodations cannot be made without proper documentation. Receiving support materials after March 16 may limit our ability to accommodate your request.

Are you aware that accommodations are available through Disability Services not related to housing? Their office is located in the ASB and we encourage you to connect with their office as well.