CSB+SJU Alpha Alpha Alpha
Established in 2022, the CSB+SJU chapter of Alpha Alpha Alpha (Tri-Alpha) exists to recognize and honor the academic achievements of first-generation college students at CSB+SJU. In partnership with the First-Generation Organization, Tri-Alpha will host events and workshops aimed at supporting the academic success of first-generation students at CSB+SJU. While students must meet specific criteria to be eligible for induction into Tri-Alpha, all CSB+SJU students are welcome to participate in Tri-Alpha events and workshops.
For more information about the Alpha Alpha Alpha national organization, please visit: www.1stgenhonors.org
Tri-Alpha Eligibility Criteria:
- Neither parent(s) nor guardian(s) earned a bachelor’s degree prior to the student beginning their program
- Student has earned at least 30 credits/semester hours
- GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
Faculty/Staff/Alumnae/i and Honorary Inductees:
Faculty, staff, and alumnae/i may be inducted by the CSB+SJU chapter if they completed a baccalaureate degree, they were a first-generation college student at the time they graduated, and they continue to have a connection to CSB+SJU. Honorary members need not have been first-generation college students; rather honorary inductees may be first-gen students with some kind of connection to CSB+SJU OR clearly be a first-gen student advocate, mentor, or supporter while maintaining a connection to CSB+SJU.
Lifetime national membership fees are currently $25 for faculty, staff, alumni, and honorary inductees.
Steps to Apply:
- Meet all eligibility criteria
- Complete and submit Tri-Alpha Application to CSB+SJU Tri-Alpha Chapter
- $10 fee per student, $25 fee per faculty, staff, alumnae/i inductee (Lifetime membership)
- Although it is expected for students to cover the $10 induction fee, we do not want there to be a financial barrier for applicants. Please contact us if you need financial assistance.
The first induction ceremony for the CSB+SJU Chapter of Tri-Alpha will be held in April 2023! Stay tuned for more information.