The Magic of Kevin Spencer
February 29, 2020
Gorecki Family Theater, CSB
This is magic in its most teachable and inclusive form.
Kevin Spencer is not your typical magician. He has earned his share of accolades, including 2009 International Illusionists of the Year, 2015 International Magicians of the Year and six-time recipient of Performing Arts Entertainers of the Year. After 25 years, his generous heart drew him away from large scale spectacle performances and into ground-breaking work with children. As an educator and artist, he uses his magic to inspire, teach, transform and build community. This relaxed, sensory-friendly performance will delight audiences of all ages and all abilities with impressive illusions and heart-warming audience participation.
To provide a supportive and welcoming environment for children and families, Sensory Friendly performances include:
- Reduction of loud sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance - house lights will dim but not go black
- Accommodating house policies: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- Designated Quiet Room spaces
- Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) welcome
- Family bathrooms available
Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show. Ample seating will be provided for each family. Call the Box Office at 320-363-5777 and we will happily help accommodate your needs.
Please click here to download a pre-visit guide that you can share with your child in advance of the performance.
Sponsored in part by Microbiologics and Brian & Karla Myres: