Grad PLUS FAQ
What are the Federal PLUS Loan terms?
Who is eligible?
How do I obtain a Federal PLUS loan?
When will the PLUS loan disburse?
What if I want to reduce or cancel my PLUS loan?
What if I want to apply for additional PLUS loan funds?
What if my credit is denied?
What are the Federal PLUS Loan terms?*
• Maximum loan amount = cost of education minus financial aid received.
• Interest rate is 6.28% fixed.
• Loan fee = 4.228% of principal.
• Repayment begins 6 months after graduation, withdrawal, or falling below half-time enrollment
• Standard repayment period is ten years.
• A graduate or professional student with a valid FAFSA on file
1. Complete a FAFSA at studentaid.gov
2. Complete the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan application
3. New borrowers must complete a Grad PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN). Sign in using FSA ID. If you do not have an FSA ID, you may go to studentaid.gov
In accordance with federal loan regulations and CSB/SJU’s disbursement schedule, the loan will be applied to your account once all requirements are met. If enrolled in both fall and spring semesters, one-half of the loan will be disbursed at the beginning of the fall semester and the remaining half will be disbursed at the beginning of spring semester. Generally, loan proceeds arrive a few days before the beginning of each semester.
If you wish to reduce or cancel your Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan, it is important that you notify the Financial Aid Office in writing as soon as possible. You may cancel all or a portion of your loan (after funds have been credited to your account) by notifying the Financial Aid Office in writing within 30 days after the date of your loan disbursement notice. Loan funds will be returned to the U.S. Department of Education.
You may apply for additional PLUS loan funds by completing another application at studentaid.gov. The total amount of a PLUS loan may not exceed the cost of attendance minus all other financial aid. Please note that your credit history may be reviewed again to determine your eligibility. A new Master Promissory Note is not required for additional loan amounts.
If your application is denied due to credit, you will receive notification from the Direct Loan Servicer. You may choose from the following options:
- You may try to have a credit status override completed by the servicer. Please contact the student loan support center at 1-800-557-7394
- You may have a third-party endorser co-sign the PLUS loan application for you. Any PLUS loans with an endorser added will require a new and separate MPN be completed by the parent borrower. Contact the student loan support center at 1-800-557-7394 for questions regarding this option.