Renewable energy is energy that is from a naturally replenished source such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, biomass, rivers, and geothermal heat. A person working in the renewable energy field may be involved with engineering, manufacturing, installation, or repair of technology involved in harvesting renewable energy.
- Physics - curriculum covers the basics of classical and modern physics, examining human understanding of nature from elementary particles to the cosmos.
- Mathematics - committed to giving its students a solid and broad-based mathematical foundation that helps prepare them for a variety of careers as well as graduate study in mathematics.
- Global Business - students gain traditional functional knowledge and analytical skills, yet are increasingly adept at leading diverse teams of innovators and managers from around the world.
Types of Careers
- Solar installation and repair
- Hydroeclectric engineer
- Wind turbine technician
- Energy auditor
- Geothermal installation
- Project manager
- Renewable car design and manufacturing
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Biofuels and biomass industry
- Developer for a Wind Energy and Solar Energy Firm (Sean Flannery)
- Project Construction Coordinator - Blattner Energy - (Maddy Longley)
- Solar Developer, Geronimo Energy
- Program Manager, Great Plains Institute
- President/Owner, TruNorth Solar