Jobs, Internships, and Careers
Jobs, internships and volunteering are great ways to complement your education with skills and experience in an environmental field.
The list of possible environmental jobs and careers may be bigger and broader than you know. Our environmental jobs website can help you narrow down your options and our current jobs board can help you find existing opportunities.
All environmental studies majors are required to complete an internship for at least 1-credit. Our environmental studies internships page has a variety of resources to help you get started.
- Marie & Robert Jackson Fellows Program
- Environmental Studies Jackson Fellows Stories
- John Brandl Scholars Program
Environmental and sustainability-related advanced degrees span a variety of disciplines.
Want to pursue an ES major but you're unsure of the direction you want to take? There are many different paths environmental studies majors can take due to the broad scope of curriculum offered in the major. Whether you're interested in the science that drives environmental processes or the institutions that protect the environment, being an environmental studies major at CSB/SJU will help prepare you for the real world.
- Environmental Planning and Design - emphasizes an understanding of the planning and management of the physical environment, and the interaction of natural and social systems.
- Environmental Policy, Institutions, and Behavior - examines the human dimensions of environmental problems.
- Environmental Science - studies the natural processes and human impacts in the atmosphere, aquatic systems, and soils.
- Environmental Communication - provides an examination and evaluation of the role of communication in representing the environment.
Volunteering is educational and can help build your resume by showing that you are self-motivated. Networking through volunteering can help land you a great job or internship (not to mention the value of the service you can provide to some great organizations!).
There are many field studies, conservation studies and research environmental programs with an academic focus. Several ES majors have taken advantage of some of these great opportunities.