Reasons to get involved:
1. It allows you to become connected: College is full of resources, but the responsibility is on you to seek them out. Being involved helps you to do that.
2. It helps you build a community: Since you are leaving family and sometimes friends at home, getting involved here helps you discover new friends with similar interests.
3. It allows you to discover your passions and strengths: These will follow you all through life.
4. It is a résumé builder: Getting involved will help you to begin thinking about positioning yourself for future employment.
5. Sometimes, busier kids do better in all areas: This will vary a lot by the student, of course, but more free time does not always equal better grades. Being involved will require some organization and time management on your part-and that's a good thing.