Apply to the Program
Students complete their application to the Education Department during the semester in which they are enrolled in EDUC 310 Educational Psychology. Though the admission process is separate from the EDUC 310 course, students receive instructions and deadlines with enrollment in this course.
To be considered for acceptance, students must produce evidence of:
- 2.5 GPA (Cumulative, Major, & Department)
- Background check sans felony
- A complete application package (see "Application Materials" below)
The deadline is mid-B Mod each semester. Specific dates are announced each semester to students enrolled in EDUC 310.
Students must ensure the following documents have been completed, signed (as applicable) and submitted to the Education Department prior to the application deadline:
- Education Department Application Form
- Teacher Education Requirements and Developmental Plan
- Reference's Evaluation of Student Teacher's Dispositions from a faculty member or supervisor of your choice
- Dispositions Form (EDUC 111 instructor)
- Teacher Shadow Evaluation
- Service Learning Evaluation
- ACT/SAT Score Report or NES Essential Academic Skills Score Report
- Evidence of Speech Proficiency
It is strongly encouraged to also submit:
- Recent photograph (will not be used for admissions determinations)
Please contact Education Department Program Coordinator Clarinda Solberg with any questions. Please note that some of these documents may have already been added to your file; it is best to verify what documents you still need prior to beginning the process.
Acceptance into the Program
The Education Department will formally notify students of their recommendation regarding acceptance into the program, specifically whether the student was accepted unconditionally, accepted with conditions, deferred or not accepted/declined. Students whose applications were rejected may re-apply for admission at a later time if there has been a significant change in their application materials (e.g., completed NES EAS test); if so, the applicant must resubmit a completely new application file (i.e., all application materials) for re-examination.
Students accepted into the Education Department on either an unconditional or conditional basis should ensure that they have an Education Advisor. Please visit the Education Department to obtain an advisor.
Students that would like to appeal the Admissions Committee determination may refer to the Appeal Process detailed in the Education Department Handbook.