Apply for Licensure
Students with passing scores on the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Ecaminations (MTLEs) can seek recommendation by CSB/SJU Education Department for a Tier 3 license with successful completion of a teacher preparation program. Degrees must be conferred and official passing scores on applicable MTLEs must be posted before recommendation.
Before you can be recommended by CSB/SJU Education Department for a Tier 3 teaching license, the following are required:
- Degree must be conferred. This means all graduation requirements must be completed and fulfilled.
- Fingerprint card must be completed and submitted to the CSB/SJU Licensing Contact (below).
- All requiremed Minnesota Teaching License Examinations for license(s) sought must post officially. A Score Reporting Schedule is avaialble online.
- If any coursework was transferred to CSB/SJU towards the fulfillment of licensure requirements, official transcripts from those institutions must be submitted. These can be submitted to the CSB/SJU Licensing Contact (below).
The Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board is currently accepting paper applications. Paper applications are accessible here.
Tier 3: CSB/SJU Education Department
The CSB/SJU Licensing Contact will complete:
- Section 2: Application Type
- Section 3: Educatioal Background
- Section 4: Licensure Requirements
- Section 7: Verification of Completion of a State-Approved Licensure Program
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Course substitutions (as applicable)
The CSB/SJU Licensing Contact will submit all materials to the applicant to complete sections noted below and it will be the responsibility of the applicant to confirm everything is complete before submitting to PELSB.
Tier 3: Applicants
Applicants will complete the following:
- Section 1: Applicant Information
- Section 5A: Conduct Review Statement
- Section 5B: Supplemental Information Form (as applicable)
- Section 6: Verification of Teaching Experience (NOTE: Student teaching experience does not qualify. This is completed with employer.)
- Fingerprint Card: It is the applicant's responsibility to obtain a fingerprint card at the student teaching end of semester event, obtain fingerprints from CSB or SJU Campus Security and submit to the CSB/SJU Licensing Contact.
- Application Fee: It is the applicant's responsibility to include a check or money order payable to PELSB for the appropriate amount.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all paperwork is complete and accurate before submitting to the CSB/SJU Licensing Contact. Students will be contacted if any paperwork is incomplete. Inaccurate or incomplete paperwork could cause a delay in licensing.
Once submitted, applicants can obtain an update of their license application status with the PELSB Educator License Lookup Tool. A digital copy of the teacher license, once issued, can also be accessed with this tool.
CSB/SJU Licensing Contact
Clarinda Solberg, Program Coordinator
Henrita Academic Building 125F
College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University
37 S. College Avenue
St. Joseph, MN 56374