Summer Thesis Fellows
CSBSJU’s Undergraduate Research Program is pleased to provide funding for five summer research fellowships for Summer Thesis Scholars to complete a significant amount of their research and/or writing of their thesis. Summer Thesis Fellows are expected to devote themselves full-time to their work for ten weeks. The stipend supports work over a ten week period covering a maximum of 400 hours of work. Fellows are paid at the hourly rate and will submit a time card to document hours worked. Time cards are approved by the Undergraduate Research Program.
Junior Summer Thesis Fellowship
The Junior Summer Thesis Fellowship is designed to encourage students to intentionally incorporate the Distinguished Thesis into their four-year plan. Junior Thesis Fellows are expected to use the summer prior to their junior year to lay the ground work for their Distinguished Thesis, ensuring the development of a completed preliminary proposal by September 1st of their junior year and a jump start on research and data collection.
Eligibility and expectations:
- Submit application for summer thesis fellowship by April 15; which includes a project summary, 10-week timeline, and advisor endorsement.
- Proof of enrollment in INTG 396 for fall semester of junior year
- Preliminary proposal due on September 1, serving as a proof of fellowship success.
Senior Thesis Fellowships
The Senior Thesis Fellowship is designed for motivated rising seniors to spend their summer completing the bulk of the research and writing of their Distinguished Thesis. Through a dedicated 10 weeks of full-time work, seniors that secure this fellowship are on an accelerated path to completing their Distinguished Thesis guaranteeing high-quality, publishable work.
Eligibility and expectations for seniors graduating in Spring:
- Submit application for summer thesis fellowship by April 15, which includes project summary, 10-week timeline, and advisor endorsement.
- Currently enrolled in INTG 396; proof of enrollment in INTG 398 for upcoming semester.
- Senior Thesis Fellows are expected to submit their completed proposal by the early deadline of July 1.
- July 1 - August 31 are expected to be dedicated to research and writing the manuscript.
- Progress report on your manuscript will be due to Undergraduate Research by September 15.
Eligibility and expectations for seniors graduating in Fall:
- Submit application for summer thesis fellowship by April 15; this includes your completed endorsed proposal and a 10-week timeline.
- Completed INTG 396; currently enrolled in INTG 398.
- Submit completed first draft of manuscript by the early deadline of September 15.