Summer Thesis Fellows
CSBSJU’s Undergraduate Research Program is pleased to provide funding for five summer research fellowships for Summer Thesis Scholars to complete a significant amount of their research and/or writing of their thesis. Summer Thesis Fellows are expected to devote themselves full-time to their work for ten weeks. The stipend supports work over a ten week period covering a maximum of 400 hours of work. Fellows are paid at the hourly rate and will submit a time card to document hours worked. Time cards are approved by the Undergraduate Research Program.
The Senior Thesis Fellowship is designed for motivated rising seniors to spend their summer completing the bulk of the research and writing of their Distinguished Thesis. Through a dedicated 10 weeks of full-time work, seniors that secure this fellowship are on an accelerated path to completing their Distinguished Thesis guaranteeing high-quality, publishable work.
Eligibility and expectations for seniors graduating in Spring:
- Submit application for summer thesis fellowship by March 15, which includes project summary, 10-week timeline, and advisor endorsement.
- Currently enrolled in COLG 396; proof of enrollment in COLG 398 for upcoming semester.
- Senior Thesis Fellows are expected to submit their completed proposal by the early deadline of July 1.
- July 1 - August 31 are expected to be dedicated to research and writing the manuscript.
- Progress report on your manuscript will be due to Undergraduate Research by September 15.
Eligibility and expectations for seniors graduating in Fall:
- Submit application for summer thesis fellowship by March 15; this includes your completed endorsed proposal and a 10-week timeline.
- Completed COLG 396; currently enrolled in COLG 398.
- Submit completed first draft of manuscript by the early deadline of September 15.