Frequently Asked Questions

What if I missed the opportunity to take COLG 396 during my junior year?

Starting in Spring 2021, all Thesis scholars will be expected to dedicate three full semesters to their Distinguished Thesis. Registration for 396 during junior year will be required to participate in the program. 

What happens if I start the thesis but am not able to finish it?

If you sign up for the COLG 396 and then decide not to complete the process, the course can be permanently dropped from your transcript. Requests for permanent drop of COLG 396 must be made by October 31st.

If you are enrolled in COLG 398 and decide not to complete the project, requests for permanent drops must be made by March 1. 

After either of these dates, it is a permanent withdrawal and a W will appear on your transcript. Please connect with Undergraduate Research if you are considering a drop request.

I'm a double major - can I do two Theses?

No, you can only do one.