Enactus Club Constitution
Article I: Mission and Purpose
Enactus will provide the students of CSB/SJU the best opportunity to develop leadership teamwork, and communication skills through learning, practicing, and teaching the principals of entrepreneurship.
Enactus primarily operates multiple business ventures, either for profit or non-profit. These ventures will be consistent with our mission and directed towards both Enactus at CSB/SJU and the communities in which we live. We recognize the importance of entrepreneurship in our lives and work toward developing the skills and abilities of our members and our community to better practice it. The scope of our activities can only be defined by the students' own imaginations--using their ingenuity and effort to support our community, promote the welfare of business and enterprise, and searching for personal growth and valuable life skills while working towards the Enactus mission. The club intends to do this while remaining consistent with Saint John's and Saint Ben's institutional mission and policies.
We are an affiliate with the national Enactus organization. However, the guidelines set by this constitution and the institutional mission and policies take precedence over any national rules or commitments.
ARTICLE II: Membership and Dues
Membership is open to any undergraduate student on the CSB/SJU campuses with an interest in our mission. There are no membership dues. An active member is a member who attends at least one Enactus meeting each month.
ARTICLE III: Government
The affairs of Enactus, including the establishment and implementation of policy, shall be the responsibility of the board of directors. The board of directors consists of the president, project coordinator, treasurer, secretary and advisor. A description of the activities of the board of directors and the officers follows:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD)
- Allocates funds to Enactus projects
- Creates annual report
- Handles marketing of Enactus
- Manages operations of Enactus and strategy
- Plans Enactus trip to annual competition
- Controls finances of Enactus
- Generates monthly statements
- Tracks finances of Enactus and its projects
- Liaison to fundraising committee
- Senate co-funding Board contact
- Collects funding requests from project leaders
- Oversees membership (roster, recruitment, distribution lists)
- Distributes, creates Enactus literature
- Maintains Enactus records
- Manages Enactus office
- Records minutes at BOD and full Enactus meetings
- Oversees project leaders-is the liaison between leaders and BOD
- Meets with project leaders
- Oversees Web Page
- Sets agendas for BOD and full group meetings
- Chair of the Business Advisory Board
- Responsible for Enactus communication outside of CSB/SJU
- Handles club status and dealings with the Student Activities office/Joint Club Board
- Represents Enactus at functions/meetings
- Liaison to Enactus national headquarters
- Sets vision/strategy with BOD for Enactus
* Each officer (except the advisor) is allowed to vote in full group meetings
Article IV: Club Advisor
- Will be a faculty or staff member of St. John's or St. Benedict's
- Consults/critiques BOD
- Faculty liaison between Enactus and CSB/SJU
- Represents Enactus in community
- Faculty rep on Business Advisory Board
- Aids in shaping strategy and vision of Enactus
- Selection of the advisor will be to the Board of Directors discretion and the advisor cannot vote.
Article V: Selection of Officers
The selection process will take place at the end of each academic year, so that the next board can begin to prepare for next year. The selection process for the Board of Directors is as follows:
- All members interested in being elected to the Board of Directors must be nominated by another active member. Nominations must be emailed or written and delivered to the Enactus secretary at least 72 hours prior to the election.
- The positions on the board of directors shall be selected by majority vote. This majority vote must come from a meeting of all Enactus members. A quorum is necessary. The quorum shall be at least 50 % of all active Enactus members.
- Project leaders are free forming. Project leaders are elected by their project group in a fashion that groups find fitting.
- Enactus Members- students who show an active interest in Enactus and its mission statement are considered part of our club. Active membership is defined in Article II.
Officers are to be undergraduates of the CSB/SJU community and must be selected before April 1st of each academic year and will begin their duties before the academic year ends. Officers are also expected to remain active and fulfill their duties and responsibilities through the summer.
Article VI: Board of Directors Meetings
The board of directors should meet at least once a week, unless otherwise decided upon by the board. In order for business to be conducted, there must be a quorum of three directors. All motions at said meetings must be approved by a majority of those present. Board meetings may be called at any time by the president or by a total of three officers.
Article VII: Impeachment, Removal, and Replacement
Any board member may be impeached for failure to perform his/her prescribed duties properly and in good faith. Upon a three/fourths vote of the other officers at the Board of Directors meeting, an officer shall be impeached from his/her post. Removal requires a majority vote of a quorum of Enactus members.
In the case of an officer being removed or leaving office for any particular reason, there shall be a special election held to elect a replacement. The newly elected officer will serve until the next regular election. In the case of an officer position being vacated for any reason before the election, the board of directors will appoint an Enactus member to fill the position until the election. The special election shall follow the same procedure and rules as stated in Article V.
Article VIII: Executive Authority
The board of directors shall determine all matters not otherwise specified by this constitution. However, no board ruling may conflict with the provisions of the constitution.
Article IX: Honorariums
Enactus does not give honorariums to any member of its board of directors.
Article X: Amendments
This constitution may be amended by a vote of two-thirds of the membership voting in person or by proxy at any regular or special meeting of a project board; provided that pre-posted amendment shall have been considered at a previous board meeting by the board of directors.
Enactus admits students without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and other activities, generally accorded or made available to members of the organization.
Enactus considers hazing to be a degrading and destructive activity which is inconsistent with the standards of this student organization. Enactus recognizes the dignity of every person and opposes all forms of hazing.
Enactus agrees that its activities, mission statement and goals are consistent with the Benedictine Values.