CSB Surplus Stewardship Program
The CSB Sustainability Office, CSB Facilities Management, CSB/SJU IT Services, and the CSB Business Office are excited to announce a new, streamlined approach to institutionally-owned surplus.
The answer to the question, “What should my department do with this stuff we no longer need?” has never been simpler!
Submit your institutionally-owned surplus items through this form, and we will take it from there. Items will be repurposed, redistributed, sold, recycled, or disposed of as waste by CSB Facilities, CSB/SJU IT Services, the CSB Business Office, and the CSB Sustainability Office as appropriate.
Some examples of surplus items may include:
- equipment (educational, laboratory, kitchen, medical, mechanical, janitorial, etc.)
- IT (computers, printers, monitors, accessories, etc.)
- large/valuable quantities of office supplies (miscellaneous office supplies can be brought to the Swap Shop in Mary Commons instead)
- electronic or hazardous waste
- scrap material (metal, etc.)
- and more!
PLEASE NOTE: No personally-owned items will be accepted into this process. INSTITUTIONALLY-OWNED SURPLUS ITEMS ONLY. Items owned by SJU-only departments or housed on the SJU campus should not be submitted. No exceptions will be made.
Curious to see what treasures you may find for your department or yourself?
When redistributing or selling a surplus item is the best option, we will use GovDeals, an online auction platform. We will be using three specialty tiers on GovDeals to give priority to particular groups/individuals, as follows:
- CSB Redistribution tier: The most sustainable way to handle surplus is to redistribute it within our institution to fill existing needs. What is one department's trash may be another department's treasure! CSB and joint CSB/SJU departments are eligible to claim surplus items for institutional/departmental use at NO COST. Items will be available on this tier for up to 4 days before moving to the next tier if they are not claimed. Register for access to this tier with this form.
- SJU Redistribution tier: SJU departments are eligible to bid on surplus items for institutional/departmental use. Registered users of the CSB Redistribution tier are also eligible to bid on items in this tier. Items will be available on this tier for up to 3 days before moving to the next tier if they are not successfully auctioned. Register for access to this tier with this form.
- Local Non-profit & Community tier: Local non-profits and CSB/SJU community members (students, staff, local retirees, and local monastics interested in items for personal purchase/use) are eligible to bid on surplus items in this tier. Registered users of the CSB Redistribution and SJU Redistribution tiers are also eligible to bid on items in this tier. Items will be available on this tier for up to 7 days before moving to public auction, open to bidders from the general public. Follow these instructions to register for access to this tier.