Name: Yulissa Salazar
Position: Vice President
Studying: Biochemistry, Pre-med track
Why did you join Senate: I joined Senate because as a women of color, I wanted to give other women of color a voice on campus. Being on Senate has placed me in a leadership position where I am able to help other fellow bennies use their voices to help our CSB/SJU community flourish.
Where do you see yourself in 20 years: In 20 years I hope to be living somewhere with luscious greenery such as Washington or Hawaii. In 20 years I hope to be a Neonatologist or a Neonatal surgeon with a big family.
Email: [email protected]
Vice President Duties
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Board.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Serve as Parliamentarian.
- Serve as a member on the Board of Trustees Marketing and Enrollment Committee.
- Act as President in the absence of or at the request of the President.
- Coordinate correspondence with any affiliated state or national organization and other student governments.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Maintain an efficient working relationship with the Saint John’s Senate, specifically with the Saint John’s Senate Vice President.
- Interview, select, and oversee the Executive Assistant.
- Coordinate the fall retreat with the Saint Ben’s Senate President, Saint John’s Senate President, Saint John’s Senate Vice President and Senate Advisors.
- Oversee and review weekly board reports to monitor senator activity and assist when necessary.
- Meet with senators at the end of their term regarding transition notes.
- Appoint a senator to be a representative on the Fine Arts Programming Board.
- Coordinate the CSB Senate’s involvement in yearly off-campus newspaper subscriptions that include but are not limited to: The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Saint Cloud Tribune.