Upper Class Representative
Name: Caroline Desert
Position: Upper Class Representative
Studying: Peace Studies
Why did you join Senate: I am interested in the position because I really care about representing the interests of the senior and junior class at the College of Saint Benedict. I am really interested in getting more experience on working with administration and giving the students a link between themselves and the rest of the college. The student senate is representative of the students’ voice and I want to help that voice be heard all around campus.
How long have you been on Senate: This will be my first year as a senator at the College of Saint Benedict.
Favorite study spot on campus: My favorite spot to study on campus is Saint John's Library.
Other activities on campus: I currently work for Intercultural & International Student Services where I've had the privilege of educating my fellow classmates on social justice issues around the world. Equally important, I had the honor of walking alongside various communities and congregations throughout St. Cloud as they sought to work with those on the margins of their community for collective action.
Email: [email protected]
Upperclass Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Be a member of the junior or senior class.
- Represent the interests of the senior and junior classes, including off campus students.
- Communicate Senate issues to the junior and senior classes.
- Keep in regular contact with the Director of Residential Life.
- In the absence of the Community Representative, will attend St. Joseph City Council meetings.
- Plan and organize Day at the Capitol.
- Assist the Student Activities Representative in planning events including the Community BBQ, Bennie Brunch, Bennie Ball, and Senior Farewell.
- Serve as a member of the Housing Appeals Committee.
- Serve on the Culinary Task Force.
- Act as liaison between the Saint Ben’s Senate and Residential Life.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.