Under Class Representative
Name: Olivia Engling
Studying: Peace Studies & Psychology
Why did you join Senate: I've loved my time so far at St. Ben's, and having experienced amazing opportunities, want to be part of continuing both that tradition and fostering new growth. Senate continually works to make St. Ben's the best it can be, which I want to be a part of, especially in fostering a sense of home and genuine connection that every individual at our school deserves. Reaching out to students and enabling them to share their voice is one of the catalysts for that, as well as making the Senate more accessible to everyone and creating more opportunities for growth. I want to be part of a Senate that always works to connect with and represent the students!
How long have you been on Senate: I'm very excited to start my first semester with the Senate!
Favorite studying spot on campus: I love studying outside in the grassy area near the Main.
Other activities on campus: Operations Manager at Community Kitchen, Peace Studies Club Co-President, Extending the Link, Crew Team, Bonner, Upward Bound tutor, JEC, and volunteering at the McCarthy Center.
Email: [email protected]
Underclass Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Be a rising sophomore student at CSB.
- Represent the interests of the first-year and sophomore classes.
- Communicate senate issues to the first-year and sophomore classes.
- Give a speech during fall orientation addressing first year students.
- Coordinate an event with the Saint Ben’s Senate and first year students during fall orientation
- Serve as a member of the Housing Appeals Committee.
- Act as liaison between the Saint Ben’s Senate and Residential Life.
- Serve as a member of the Culinary Task Force.
- Meet as needed with the director of CSB Security and act as a liaison between the Saint Ben’s Senate and CSB Security
- Work with the First Year Representative to plan an event involving first year students at CSB.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.