Under Class Representative
Name: Cathy Nguyen
Position: Under Class Representative
Studying: Art Education
Why you chose to join Senate: I ran for the position because I am passionate about CSB/SJU, and I want to build a stronger Senate-student body relationship when improving our institutions.
How long have you been on Senate: This is my first year!
Your favorite study spot: Alcuin/Reinhart Learning Commons
Other activities you are involved in on campus: RA for Res Life, Campus Activities Liaison for Cultural Affairs Board, Delegate for Harvard National Model UN Conference, member of Intercultural Lead program
Underclass Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Be a rising sophomore student at CSB.
- Represent the interests of the first-year and sophomore classes.
- Communicate senate issues to the first-year and sophomore classes.
- Give a speech during fall orientation addressing first year students.
- Coordinate an event with the Saint Ben’s Senate and first year students during fall orientation
- Serve as a member of the Housing Appeals Committee.
- Act as liaison between the Saint Ben’s Senate and Residential Life.
- Serve as a member of the Culinary Task Force.
- Meet as needed with the director of CSB Security and act as a liaison between the Saint Ben’s Senate and CSB Security
- Work with the First Year Representative to plan an event involving first year students at CSB.