Name: Angelliott Thomas
Studying: Political Science
Why you chose to join Senate: I joined Senate to help represent minorities on campus and to actively advocate for them to be included in the community we have at CSB/SJU. I also joined to improve the Senate and increase the voices of all Bennies. I am a strong believer in being the change that you wish to see. So that is exactly what I am doing now. I am looking forward to a great year with all my Bennie sisters and working together to achieve our goals.
How long have you been on Senate: Two years
Your favorite study spot: My apartment is my favorite spot. It’s just really comfortable for me.
Other activities on campus:Mentoring! And also the Cultural Affairs Representative last year had me involved with so many great groups and clubs that were awesome! Make sure you check them all out, especially if you are an incoming freshman!!
Email: [email protected]
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Board.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Be an ex-officio member of the College of Saint Benedict’s Board of Trustees until the end of the academic year following election date.
- Serve as a member of the Board of Trustees Student Development Committee as needed.
- Meet with the Vice-President in preparation for the Board of Trustees Student Development Committee meeting.
- Serve as the student representative at the CSB Board of Trustees meetings as well as the joint Board of Trustees with SJU.
- Chair the Judicial Board.
- Oversee constitutional review.
- Chair the Senate Affinity committee and plan the Senate Affinity Alum event in the spring.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.