Name: Classidy Pelkey
Studying: Political Science
Why you chose to join Senate: I want to make a positive impact on campus for current and future Bennies. To me, there is no better way to help out my Bennie family than by using my talents and being engaged.
How long have you been on Senate: This will be my second semester.
Your favorite study spot: The old grotto near(ish) Lake Sarah.
Other activities you are involved in on campus: Wind Ensemble (I play flute), CSB Figure Skating Club, St. John's Campus Ministry (employee)
Email: [email protected]
- Have one vote.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Board.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Supervise and record all revenue and expenditures of the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Be aware of the current working balance of the Saint Ben’s Senate budget and maintain a perpetual record.
- Report the current budget during Saint Ben’s Senate meetings.
- Act on all proposals or amendments to the Saint Ben’s Senate budget.
- Meet in person with students or groups submitting funding requests to review the SBS Funding Guidelines and ensure that the group is aware of those guidelines and prepared to present to the SBS.
- Prepare printed copies of the St. Ben’s Senate Funding Guidelines for all senators at the beginning of each semester.
- Prepare a financial statement to be presented to the Saint Ben’s Senate when necessary.
- Be a voting member of the Co-Funding Board for the entire academic year.
- Audit the Saint Ben’s Senate, and all sub-committees with the exception of the CFB when necessary.
- Calculate re-absorptions to the Saint Ben’s Senate as necessary at the end of the year. Transfer money as determined in conjunction with the Club Allocations Chair.
- Be restricted from holding the office of treasurer in other organizations while in office.
- Meet with the business office administrators in conjunction with the Club Allocations Chair as deemed necessary.
- If invited, serve as a member of the Finance Committee for the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain the Saint Ben’s Senate funding trends spreadsheet and provide updates to the senate three times a year (beginning of fall semester, beginning of spring semester, and end of spring semester).
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.