Name: Crystal Diaz
Position: Sustainability Representative
Studying: Political Science Major Communication and Hispanic Studies Minor
Why did you join Senate: Being a part of Senate means that I will have the opportunity to advocate sustainability and to show my peers how to care for and love our environment.
Where do you see yourself in 20 years: Foreign Serivce Office
Email: [email protected]
Sustainability Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Promote and educate the community about campus issues pertaining to the four pillars of sustainability: economic, social, political, and environmental.
- Serve as liaison between the administration and students on campus sustainability issues.
- Meet with CSB staff to address issues pertaining, but not limited to: facilities, grounds, residential life, housing, culinary services and transportation to discuss their efforts in sustainability.
- Serve as a member of the Outdoor U advisory group, if applicable.
- Serve as a member of the College Sustainability Council.
- Serve as liaison for the Full Circle Greenhouse.
- Aid in the planning and/or implementation of annual sustainability events and functions on campus.
- Organize tabling events to educate students about proper recycling and compost methods.
- Ensure that the college remains dedicated to its sustainability commitments.
- Serve as a member of the Strategic Resources and Business Infrastructure Committee for the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as a member of at least one regularly meeting sustainability group on campus (i.e. sustainability alliance, Eco houses, Climate Action Club, etc.).
- Promote the CSB/SJU Ride-Share initiatives. N. Receive funds to investigate, propose, fund and enact sustainability efforts on campus.