Student Activities Representative
Name: Zelda Wear
Position: Student Activities Representative
Studying: Elementary Education Major, Political Science Minor
How long have you been on Senate: This is my second academic year on the Saint Ben’s Senate.
Why did you join Senate: I love helping people find a way to engage in their passions and I believe that is achieved best through the Student Activities position.
Favorite study spot on campus: The juvenile section of the library
Other activities on campus: Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, Brass Choir, Education Club, SALD, Orientation
Student Activities Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Co-Chair the Joint Club Board with the Saint John’s Senate Joint Club Chair.
- Meet with the Club Allocations Chair to discuss club issues as needed.
- Attend an all-club gathering each year for club officers in conjunction with the JCB, CFB, and the Student Activities Office.
- Promote and facilitate discussion and awareness of club issues with the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Act as a liaison between the Student Activity Leadership and Development Department, and the Saint Ben’s Senate. .
- Meet bi-monthly with the staff of the Student Activities/Leadership Development Department to discuss club issues and activities to report to the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Student Activities, the JCB Advisor, and the Dean of Students about club issues and senior events.
- Act as the liaison to Student Activities & Leadership Development in the planning of Community BBQ, Bennie Brunch, Bennie Ball, and Senior Farewell.
- Act as liaison between the Joint Events Council and the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Coordinate and set-up for the Involvement Fair during the fall term