Student Activities Representative
Name: Belinda Vang
Position: Student Activities Representative
Studying: Gender Studies
Why did you join Senate: I joined senate because ever since my first year I wanted to be part of senate because I wanted to be able to be a voice for students on campus.
How long have you been on Senate: This is my first year on Senate.
Favorite study spot on campus: In my room at my desk, library, basically anywhere quiet.
Other activities on campus: I work in the Intercultural and International Student Services office as the intercultural LEAD student assistant, a member of Asia Club and HAIS.
Email: [email protected]
Student Activities Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Co-Chair the Joint Club Board with the Saint John’s Senate Joint Club Chair.
- Meet with the Club Allocations Chair to discuss club issues as needed.
- Attend an all-club gathering each year for club officers in conjunction with the JCB, CFB, and the Student Activities Office.
- Promote and facilitate discussion and awareness of club issues with the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Act as a liaison between the Student Activity Leadership and Development Department, and the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Meet bi-monthly with the staff of the Student Activities/Leadership Development Department to discuss club issues and activities to report to the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Student Activities, the JCB Advisor, and the Dean of Students about club issues and senior events.
- Act as the liaison to Student Activities & Leadership Development in the planning of Bennie Brunch, Bennie Ball, and Senior Farewell.
- Act as liaison between the Joint Events Council and the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Coordinate and set-up for the Involvement Fair during the fall term.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.