Name: Wendy Iteghete
Why did you join Senate: I joined senate because I did not see myself represented. Instead of complain about it, I ran for a position as the cultural affairs representative. I wanted to give voice to those that also felt underrepresented. That goal I had as a first year has driven me in every aspect of my at the College of saint Benedict. I am even more excited for this year, because I am now in a position whereby I can bring about changes to our beautiful campus.
How long have you been on Senate: I have been on senate for two years, this will be my third year.
Favorite study spot on campus: My room, especially my bed, because I can go from studying to taking a nap.
Other activities on campus: I am an intercultural lead scholar and I am involved with the black student association.
Email: [email protected]
- Chair all Saint Ben’s Senate meetings according to Sturgis Parliamentary Procedure with no speaking terms.
- Call special meetings of the Saint Ben’s Senate when necessary.
- Serve as a member of the Saint Ben’s Senate for two semesters.
- Chair the Executive Board meetings.
- Vote in case of a tie, when that vote affects the outcome, or when votes occur in ballot.
- Interpret the Saint Ben’s Senate Constitution and by-laws, except in cases of violation.
- Assist any responsibilities and duties of each senator.
- Meet with Saint Ben’s Senate faculty advisor when necessary.
- Aid the Saint Ben’s Senate Vice President in coordinating correspondence with any affiliated state or national organization and other student governments.
- Meet with the President of the College once a semester.
- Assist the Public Relations Representative with press releases and final approval of all messages sent on behalf of the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Meet twice per month with the Saint John’s Senate President.
- Keep a detailed record of Saint Ben’s Senate member absences and board report submissions.
- Meet twice per month with the CSB Dean of Students.
- Oversee senate project goals and individual senator goals.
- Maintain adequate supplies in the Saint Ben’s Senate office.
- Aid and oversee the Saint Ben’s Senate Vice President in the planning and implementation of the fall and spring retreats.
- Create the agenda each week for the Saint Ben’s Senate meetings.
- Present Saint Ben’s Senate goals to the President of the College and her Cabinet at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Receive a 10-12 hour work award through the Student Employment Position through the Student Development Office.