First Year Representative
First Year Representative Duties:
- Be a current first year student at CSB.
- Have one allocation vote starting second semester. Can vote on issues that don’t directly affect allocation.
- Act as a liaison between first year students and the Saint Ben’s Senate.
- Assist the Underclass Representative with events, committees and task forces pertaining to first year students.
- Serve as a member of the Culinary Task Force.
- Meet with the President and Vice President of the Saint Ben’s Senate monthly.
- Oversee the maintenance of Mary Commons.
- Create one event in collaboration with the Underclass Representative for first year Saint Ben’s students
- Be in charge of the “Wednesday’s Words of Wisdom” project. Share different senior Bennie’s advice each Wednesday during the fall semester with the first-year class.
- Hold open forums (one per semester) for first years with Underclassmen representative to address any first year concerns.
- Update the first year class with senate related events and projects.
- Receive a $250 stipend effective second semester.