Name: Kistacia Thompson
Position: Community Representative
Studying: Biology / Pre-med
Why did you join senate: I looked at senate as an avenue for me to accomplish a few major things- to positively contribute to the Saint Ben’s community, to move past my comfort zone and be a voice for those that share their issues and hopes with me and to travel along a path that would allow me to act upon a passion of mine while completing my major.
How long have you been on Senate: One semester- Spring 2018
Favorite study spot on campus: Alcuin Library
Other activities on campus: Biology TA. Pre-Med Club. Junior Co-Chair Archipelago Association. SHA Program.
Email: [email protected]
Community Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Attend all Alumnae Board Committee meetings and develop a working relationship with the director of the Alumnae Association.
- Act as a liaison between the Saint Ben’s Senate, CSB students and alumnae, Sisters of Saint Benedict and St. Joseph community.
- Coordinate the annual Feast of Saint Benedict event in collaboration with a Saint Ben’s Senate committee and director of CSB Campus Ministry.
- Coordinate the annual Bennie Day event in collaboration with a Saint Ben’s Senate committee and director of Alumnae Relations.
- Regulate Bennie Day shirt sales during and after the annual Bennie Day event.
- Develop a working relationship with Mayor of St. Joseph
- Attend St. Joseph City Council meetings once a month.
- Coordinate an annual community service event with a Saint Ben’s Senate committee.
- Attend all Bookstore Advisory Board meetings.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.