Name: Chelsea Ricker
Studying: Nursing major
Position: Community Representative
How long have you been on Senate: This is my second year on Senate.
Why did you join Senate: I joined Senate because of the endless amounts of connects that can be made. I love working with other women and it also allows me to strengthen my leadership skills.
Favorite study spot on campus: My favorite study spot is Alcuin.
Other activities on campus: Other activities I am involved in are Chamber Choir, Benedictine friends, liturgical music, and intercultural lead!
Community Representative Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Attend all Alumnae Board Committee meetings.
- Act as a liaison between the Saint Ben’s Senate, CSB students and alumnae, Sisters of Saint Benedict and St. Joseph community.
- Coordinate the annual Feast of Saint Benedict event in collaboration with a Saint Ben’s Senate committee and director of CSB Campus Ministry.
- Coordinate the annual Bennie Day event in collaboration with a Saint Ben’s Senate committee and director of Alumnae Relations.
- Regulate Bennie Day shirt sales during and after the annual Bennie Day event.
- Develop a working relationship with Mayor of St. Joseph
- Attend St. Joseph City Council meetings as needed.
- Coordinate an annual community service event with a Saint Ben’s Senate committee.
- Attend all Bookstore Advisory Board meetings.