Academic Affairs Representative
Name: Olivia Engling
Studying: Peace Studies and Psychology
Why did you join Senate: I've loved my time at St. Ben's, and having experienced amazing opportunities, want to be part of continuing both that tradition and fostering new growth. Senate continually works to make St. Ben's the best it can be, which I want to be a part of, especially in fostering a sense of home and genuine connection that every individual at our school deserves. Reaching out to students and enabling them to share their voice is one of the catalysts for that, as well as making the Senate more accessible to everyone and creating more opportunities for growth. I want to be part of a Senate that always works to connect with and represent the students!
Where do you see yourself in 20 years: Living a life of meaningful work and loving relationships!
Email: [email protected]
Academic Affairs Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Attend Joint Faculty Senate meetings and serve as the voice of the CSB student body.
- Inform the Saint Ben’s Senate and student body of current academic activities or issues occurring on campus.
- Meet in conjunction with the Academic Dean and Provost at least once a semester.
- Meet with the office of Academic Advising at least once a semester.
- Meet in conjunction with the chair and the vice-chair of the Joint Faculty Senate, at least once a semester.
- Serve as a member on the Board of Trustees Academic Affairs Committee.
- Invite the Chair and Vice Chair of Joint Faculty Senate to present on their current ininatives and action plans once a semester.
- Present to the JFS once a semester.
- Invite Academic Dean and/or Provost to preent their ininatives and action plans once a semester.
- Serve as a member on the Academic Affairs Calendar Committee when necessary.