Academic Affairs Representative
Name: Carissa Flores
Why did you join Senate: It's a great opportunity to help voice everyone's opinion and allow the community of Saint Ben’s to grow and be more connected. I want to be a constant part of improving CSB|SJU. I love helping people, getting to know people, and bringing people together and Senate is the perfect outlet for that. More than anything I want to be someone that ANYONE can come to.
How long have you been on Senate: This is my second year.
Favorite study spot on campus: The computer lab in my dorm better knows as my office by my floormates. It gets just the right amount of traffic. Not too busy, not too isolated. It's a perfect ways to get to know the girls on my floor!
Other activities on campus: Element Dance Club, Homework Helpers, Fides et Ratio, Women's Choir,
ELAC, Spanish Club,
Email: [email protected]
Academic Affairs Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Attend Joint Faculty Senate meetings and serve as the voice of the CSB student body.
- Inform the Saint Ben’s Senate and student body of current academic activities or issues occurring on campus.
- Meet in conjunction with the Academic Dean and Provost when necessary.
- Meet with the office of Academic Advising when necessary.
- Meet in conjunction with the chair and the vice-chair of the Joint Faculty Senate, when necessary.
- Serve as a member on the Board of Trustees Academic Affairs Committee.
- Serve as a member on the Academic Affairs Calendar Committee when necessary.
- Receive a $250 stipend per semester.