Academic Affairs Representative
Name: Sydney Richter
Position: Academic Affairs Representative
Studying: Political Science, Global Health
Why did you join the Senate: I joined Senate because I am passionate about representing my peers and creating positive change. This year we have a change to make our campus a more inclusive place through including a new representative to work toward decolonization and reparations. I am determined to represent the voices of the students to work towards our mission of creating a diverse and welcoming campus.
What is your favorite spot on campus: The high top table on the first floor of the Main next to the big window! The lighting is incredible and the view in the winter is priceless.
Academic Affairs Duties:
- Have one vote.
- Attend Joint Faculty Senate meetings and serve as the voice of the CSB student body.
- Inform the Saint Ben’s Senate and student body of current academic activities or issues occurring on campus.
- Meet in conjunction with the Academic Dean and Provost at least once a semester.
- Meet with the Office of Academic Advising at least once a semester.
- Meet in conjunction with the chair and the vice-chair of the Joint Faculty Senate, at least once a semester.
- Serve as a member of the Board of Trustees Academic Affairs Committee.
- Invite the Chair and Vice-Chair of Joint Faculty Senate to present on their current initiatives and action plans once a semester.
- Present to the JFS once a semester.
- Invite Academic Dean and/or Provost to present their initiatives and action plans once a semester.
- Serve as a member on the Academic Affairs Calendar Committee when necessary.