SBS Funding Guidelines
SBS Funding Guidelines 2019-2020
The Saint Ben's Senate's main funding objective is to act as responsible stewards of the student activity fee. These guidelines are to guide the Senate in responsible decision-making and better inform students seeking funding.
SBS will consider funding:
- Saint Ben's students, groups and events that will contribute to the Saint Ben's community and/or contribute to the student experience as a whole.
- Registration and conference fees in the amount of up to $300 per person, not to exceed $1,800 per event; please bring any relevant registration papers to the Senate.
- An independent student based project, not already available on campus, which will seek alternative funding opportunities in the future.
- Post-season CSB only club sport competitions; see registration and travel guidelines.
- On-Campus events and speakers that are not eligible for funding from the Co-Funding Board
- Travel (lodging and transportation, excluding meals) costs up to $100 per person for up to five people or up to $500 per group. If the need is greater than this amount, the Senate will consider funding up to 3/5 (60%) of travel.
The SBS will not fund:
- Alternative Break Experiences
- Study abroad programs
- Experiences for class credit
- Departmentally housed organizations, projects, and events
- More than $100 for prizes/giveaways/advertisements per group per academic year,
- Club events, programs, travel or conferences that are eligible for funding by the Co-Funding Board.
Last Updated: February 24, 2020