Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Billing Questions


Convenience Fees

Financial Aid

Where is the Student Accounts Office?

The Student Accounts Office is located on the second floor of the Academic Services Building, #214.

37 College Ave. South
St. Joseph, MN 56374

The cashier stations are open from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Office hours are from 8:00 to 4:30.

What services does the Student Accounts Office provide?

  • Cashing checks
  • Payment of bills
  • Cash reimbursements
  • Help students and parents with questions concerning their bill

What is the Payment Agreement and Disclosure Statement and how to I complete it?

The Payment Agreement and Disclosure Statement is an agreement between the student and the College that outlines how the student will pay their obligation to the school. It also outlines finance charges, use of ID card, use of Financial Aid, and your billing rights. You must have a Payment Agreement and Disclosure Statement filed with the school.

The College offers two payment plans as outlined in the Payment Agreement and Disclosure Statement which is sent to new students. These plans are the Standard Payment Plan (payment in full on August 10 and January 10) and the Deferred Payment Plan (monthly payments due on August 10th, September 10th, October 10th, and November 7 for Fall Semester, and January 10th, February 10th, March 10th, and April 7 for Spring semester). The Deferred payment plan has a finance charge of 1% per month based on the outstanding balance due.

You can access the agreement here, on the Enrolled Student Forms Portal. Please read the agreement thoroughly before submitting.

Why do I have a finance charge?

A finance charge of 1% per month (Annual Percentage Rate of 12%) is applied to the "adjusted balance" due on the 10th of each month. The adjusted balance is calculated by taking the previous balance on your statement and subtracting any credits and payments. Any remaining balance will incur a finance charge - this includes students who have chosen the Deferred Payment Plan or accounts that obtain charges throughout the semester. To avoid a finance charge, your payment in full must reach the Student Accounts Office by the 10th of the following month.

How do I get my student employment money?

Each student must fill out a form stating where they would like their student employment funds to be applied. This form should be filled out at the Student Employment Office.

Choices are as follows:

  • 100% to Billing Account
  • 75% to Billing Account / 25% to Off Campus Bank Checking Account
  • 50% to Billing Account / 50% to Off Campus Bank Checking Account
  • 100% to Off Campus Bank Checking Account

Why isn't my full work study award applied to my account?

While work study is a form of financial aid, the money must be earned. Students are given a specific dollar amount that they may earn each semester. Until the money is earned and applied to your account, you will not be given credit for it.

When does payroll go on my account?

Student payroll is every two weeks, contact the Student Employment Office for the payroll schedule at 320-363-5388 or email [email protected].

When are my loans going to go through?

This question should be addressed to the Financial Aid Office at 320-363-5388 or [email protected].

How can I get more money, loans, work study, and other financial aid?

This question should be addressed to the Financial Aid Office at 320-363-5388.

Why does my bill have a negative balance?

A negative balance indicates that the account has a credit. This credit balance is the result of overpayment due to loans, scholarships, or personal payment. If you have a negative balance, you do not need to pay anything on your account at this time. The credit is available for you to withdraw or leave on your account for future expenses. If you withdraw, it can be in cash (up to $200 per day) or check (see below).

If there is a credit on my billing statement, can I get a check sent to me?

Yes, any time that a credit balance exists on your account, a check can be sent to you. You can withdraw up to $200 in cash, and /or a check for the amount up to the total credit can be processed at the Student Accounts Office with the appropriate photo ID, (ID card or Drivers License). If you can not come to student accounts in person, you can email the cashier: [email protected] from your College email account and request the check be mailed to you. Please provide the address you want them to mail the check to.

What are the payment options?

Cash: Personally paid in the Student Accounts Office.

Check: Made payable to College of St. Benedict and mailed or personally delivered to the Student Accounts Office.

Online Payment Options:
Electronic Check: Entered online using a savings/checking account routing number. Use the eBilling website.

Credit/Debit Card: We accept online credit/debit card payments from VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, China Union Pay, BC Card, and DinaCard. A fee of 2.85% ($3.00 minimum) will be assessed of credit/debit card payments. Credit/debit cards will not be accepted in person or over the phone. Please use the eBilling website.

Wire Transfer: To make a wire transfer payment, please contact the Student Accounts Office by either mailing or emailing your request to receive the wire transfer information. You may also stop in the Student Accounts Office to request the information in person. When making a wire transfer, please include the student's ID number and name in the reference section.

Why is there a fee when I pay with a credit/debit card?

The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University work with a third-party service provider (TouchNet/Pay Path) to process credit/debit card payments to student billing accounts.  All billing account payments using a credit/debit card are processed by TouchNet.  Payments can be made online through our eBilling system using credit/debit cards from VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, China Union Pay, BC Card, and DinaCard. TouchNet will assess a 2.85% fee on each transaction (with a minimum service charge of $3.00).  We do not accept credit/debit card payments over the telephone or at the cashier stations in the Student Accounts offices.  However, we will provide a computer station in the Student Accounts Office for use by students and parents. 

Only student billing account payments are subject to the transaction fee.  Other areas on campus will continue to accept credit/debit cards without an additional fee, including the Bookstores on each campus, Culinary Services at CSB, Dining Services at SJU, Sexton Commons at SJU, the Hill Museum and Manuscript Library Gift Shop, the Saint John's Liturgical Press and athletic events on both campuses.