Security Department Services
The Department of Security provides first response emergency support services until outside agency assistance is available from the St. Joseph Police Department, fire department, or medical agencies. Some additional support services provided to the College and Monastic communities by the Security Department are:
- Provides security services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Provides routine security and safety surveillance.
- Provides escort services.
- Maintains proper documentation of services.
- Process proper documentation to appropriate offices.
- Monitor security, fire, burglar, and maintenance alarm systems.
- Activate assistance as necessary from the St. Joseph Police Department, Stearns County Sheriff's Department, fire department, or medical agencies.
- Monitor campus building access and campus areas by regular foot and vehicle patrol methods.
- Enforce campus parking regulations.
- Work with law enforcement agencies to enforce local, state, and federal laws.
- Assist motorists with operation of jumpstart packs and lockouts.
The Department of Security carries two-way radio communications with an integrated phone patch. Anyone calling Security at 5000, speaks directly with Security Dispatcher, or the Officer on duty wherever he or she may be on campus.
Planning an Event
We would like to extend assistance to groups planning events on campus. Security officers are an excellent source for site planning, parking and traffic control as well as other special concerns.
Any groups planning large events are required to contact the Director of Security at least four weeks prior to an event. This advance notice is to allow the department to adequately schedule officers to assist you with your security needs.
The Department of Security should be contacted six weeks prior to an event where it will be known that parking assistance and adequate parking availability may be in question.
Areas where we can be especially helpful include: medical stand-by, parking and traffic planning, building access, and assistance in finding and contacting people.
Events that require outside security assets (i.e. Off-duty security officers, St. Joseph Police, reserve officers or Stearns County deputies) or require and officer on site will be charged for the additional personnel.
The Department of Security is able to work with your group, department or organization to tailor an educational program to fit your needs. Please allow adequate advance notification to allow our officers to prepare a quality program. Topics may include: office safety, theft prevention, personal safety, non-violent crisis intervention techniques and/or sexual assault prevention.