Lost and Found
Welcome to the College of Saint Benedict Lost and Found. We understand that losing personal items can be frustrating and stressful, and we are here to assist you in the event that this happens on our campus.
We strive to make the process as easy as possible for all members of the Saint Benedict community, whether you are a student, faculty member, or staff member. Here, you will find information on how to report a lost item, guidelines for claiming found items, and answers to frequently asked questions. We hope that this page will serve as a valuable resource to help promote a safe and secure campus environment at the College of Saint Benedict.
To Report a Found Item:
- Secure the Found Item: If you come across a lost item on the College of Saint Benedict property, make sure to keep it safe and secure until you can turn it in. This helps ensure the item is not lost again or damaged before it can be claimed by its rightful owner.
- Complete the Lost & Found Form: As you will see on the form, we offers two options for turning in found items:
a. Drop Off at Security Department: You can choose to deliver the found item to the College of Saint Benedict Security Department in person.
b. Request Pickup by a Security Officer: If you are unable to drop off the item, you can request that a College of Saint Benedict security officer picks up the found item from your location. This option may be convenient if you are unable to go to the security department yourself.
To Report a Lost Item:
- Act quickly: It is important to act quickly if you believe you have lost an item on campus. The longer you wait to report a lost item, the less likely it is to be found.
- Fill out the Lost & Found form: Fill out the Lost & Found Form. Provide as much detail as possible about the lost item, including a description, when and where it was lost, an image of the item, and any other pertinent information that could help identify the item.
- Follow up: Contact us via email if you want to check on the status of your inquiry. We may ask for additional details about the lost item to help locate it.
- Keep track of updates: If your lost item is found, you will be contacted by the CSB security office lost & found to arrange for its return. If the item is not found, keep track of any updates provided by us. If you find your item, please contact us so we can close your inquiry.
To Claim Something from the Lost and Found:
- Contact the Lost and Found: If you think we may have your item in our lost & found, fill out the Lost & Found Form and we will check to see if it is in our lost & found inventory ande available for pickup. If we have an item matching the description that you give us we will contact you via email.
- Provide identification: When you go to the CSB security office to claim your item, bring a valid photo identification such as a driver's license, student ID, or passport. This will be necessary to verify your identity and ensure that the item is returned to the rightful owner.
- Sign a receipt: You will be asked to sign a receipt acknowledging that you have received your lost item. Keep this receipt in a safe place in case you need to refferemce it later.