Physical and/or Sexual Assault
If you have been assaulted by a stranger or someone you know, you should:
- Call CSB Security at 320-363-5000 or SJU Life Safety at 320-363-2144 or 911 right away if you are in immediate danger.
- Call a supportive person such as a family member, a residential life staff member or an advocate from a crisis line.
- Get medical help. You may also have physical injuries that need attention as well as concerns about pregnancy and/or sexually transmitted diseases.
- If you were sexually assaulted, do not shower or clean yourself in any way. Important physical evidence can be gathered up to 72 hours after an assault.
- Consider contacting local law enforcement to report the incident.
- Consider meeting with the Dean of Students, Security, or Life Safety to obtain information about the CSB/SJU Sexual Misconduct Policy and Complaint Procedures.
- Sexual assault is a violation of the state criminal code and the CSB/SJU Sexual Misconduct policy. Violators could face disciplinary action under either or both judicial systems.
- Sexual Assault is a severe form of sexual harassment and prohibited by Title IX.
- Seek support and counseling. Resources are listed on the right of this page.