Living Learning & Intentional Living Communities
Living Learning Communities (LLCs)
Living Learning Communities are for students who choose to live in a specific area, hall, or floor for a specific reason and purpose. There is an academic course a student will enroll for once they are accepted into the community. Specific RAs and CAs are assigned to support these communities throughout the year.
For 2022-2023, CSB will offer a Benedictine Values Living Learning Community! To find out more about the community, read the community description overview.
Students interested in the Benedictine Values Living Learning Community must complete an application process (BLLC Application: https://www.csbsju.edu/forms/QCH2NGYCKW). Applications are due Monday, February 14, 2022.
Intentional Living Communities (ILCs)
Intentional Living Communities are for students who choose to live together for a specific reason and purpose. It is a great chance for students to live with friends or those who share similar interests!
Benefits of creating an ILC include pre-selection housing assignments, leadership skills, funds to support community activities and more!
Examples may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Environmental - Students for Sustainability, Renewable Energy, etc.
- Language - Spanish Speaking Community, Study of Japanese Language Community, etc.
- Academic - Nursing Majors, Study Abroad Alumnae, etc.
- Social Justice/Service - Students for Accessibility, Students Against Domestic Violence, Students in Military Service, etc.
- Identity Groups - Out of State Students, Q+, Indigenous Women, etc.
- Interests - Breast Cancer Awareness, Crafting, Bad Movie Lovers, etc.
Complete the intentional living community application: https://www.csbsju.edu/forms/1LCP1XRTFT by March 15, 2022. ILCs need to re-apply each year they would like to be active.