The O’Connell Society, in honor of Sister Colman O’Connell
The O'Connell Society recognizes donors who make a cumulative gift of $10,000 to $24,999 during the fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Sister Colman O'Connell, OSB was the 11th president of the College of Saint Benedict from 1986-1996. As president, S. Colman led CSB through many academic changes and organizational modifications, as well as the construction of several new buildings on campus. Sister Colman's presidency was full of exciting changes for CSB. She and Br. Dietrich Reinhart, president of Saint John's University, continued to grow and expand the coordinate relationship between CSB and SJU through the implementation of a joint core curriculum and joint academic departments. New majors of Peace Studies, Communication, and Computer Science and new minors of Asian Studies, Athletic Training, and Gender Studies were added to both schools' offerings. An important administrative development was the creation of the Coordinate Cabinet, which is composed of CSB and SJU presidents and vice presidents. Sister Colman served the College of Saint Benedict as a Senior Development Officer within the department of Institutional Advancement until she passed away on September 30, 2017.
The O'Connell Society Benefits
The single most important benefit of membership in the Presidents' Circle is the satisfaction you receive from helping young women realize their dreams of a Saint Ben's education. This would not be possible without your investment. To thank and recognize all levels of giving, each society has a number of benefits.
As a member of the O'Connell Society, you will receive:
- Inside information about Saint Ben's through a bi-annual newsletter
- Online state-of-the college message and updates from the President's office
- Recognition in Annual Report and Honor Roll and at Saint Ben's events
- Invitations to exclusive college events
- Invitation to the Scholarship Mass and Brunch
- Potential to establish a named annual scholarship
- Invitation to Scholarship and Creativity Day Luncheon with the President and Provost
- Tickets to VIP Fine Arts Programming events
- Breakfast with the President