The Saint Ben's Legacy Society
"It is our belief that a good education is everything you need to build a strong future."
- Ardeth (Harth) Duthoy '52 and Everette "Ev" Duthoy '52, Legacy Society Members
Planned gifts create extraordinary opportunities to support the College of Saint Benedict. The Saint Ben's Legacy Society honors alumnae, parents, faculty, staff, retirees and friends who have named the College of Saint Benedict as a beneficiary of a planned gift.
This may take the form of:
- A bequest in a will
- A life income arrangement (such as a charitable gift annuity)
- A beneficiary of a retirement account or life insurance policy
- Some other form of planned gift
The College might not receive the gift for many years to come. However, by making these intentions known, members provide Saint Ben's with the opportunity to acknowledge their commitment now and help to ensure that their gift will be used in accordance with their wishes. The impact of your own planned gift, which qualifies you for membership in The Saint Ben's Legacy Society, will last forever and impact generations of students at the College of Saint Benedict.
How do I become a member?
Joining The Saint Ben's Legacy Society is easy. Simply inform us in writing that you have included CSB in your estate plans and provide us with one of the following pieces of documentation:
- A completed, signed Letter of Intent Confirmation form.
- A copy of the pertinent provisions in your will or trust.
- A copy of the life insurance policy naming the College as beneficiary.
- A letter from your attorney stating that you have included CSB in your estate plans.
Membership involves no dues, obligations, or solicitations, but it does allow us to thank you and recognize you for the plans you have made, and it may inspire generosity in others. Benefits of membership in The Saint Ben's Legacy Society also include invitations to special events and a subscription to our Informed Newsletter — An inside look at how philanthropy shapes Saint Ben's and a listing in our Annual Report.
The most important benefit, however, you will receive from joining The Saint Ben's Legacy Society is the satisfaction derived from making a lasting contribution to our long-term prosperity.
For more information, please contact Gigi Fourré Schumacher '74, Senior Planned and Principal Gifts Officer at [email protected] or 320-363-5480.