News and Events
Join us in welcoming home Patrick Hicks, author & poet!
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
4:30 PM Quad 254
Patrick Hicks is the author of over ten books, including the critically and popularly acclaimed novel, The Commandant of Lubizec. His latest book is In the Shadow of Dora, which was recently named a finalist in the ScreenCraft Cinematic Book Writing Competition—this is for novels that hold exceptional promise to be made into a movie.
He has been nominated seven times for the Pushcart Prize, he was recently a finalist for the High Plains Book Award, and his poetry has appeared on NPR, The PBSNewsHour, and American Life in Poetry.
A dual-citizen of Ireland and America, Patrick is the Writer-in-Residence at Augustana University as well as a faculty member at the MFA program at Sierra Nevada University. He holds degrees from Saint John’s University, DePaul University, Queen’s University of Belfast, and the University of Sussex in England. He teaches courses on creative writing, Irish literature, and Holocaust studies.
- "Looking For Leningrad: My Russian Life" Publication TBA
- "And One Fine Morning: Memories of My Father"
- Nick Hayes appeared on TPT's Almanac Friday, March 3, 2017, for an interview and commentary of the Russian connection to Trump
- What will Putin get out of Trump?
- On Trump's behavior, Putin - and why a Russian adage keeps ringing in my head
- Trump and Putin: the bros in arms
- As the ruble tumbles, Putin stumbles — and upheaval looms in Russia
- Find all of Nick's MinnPost articles and interviews here
Minnesota Public Radio
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerri Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Putin's Visible Hand."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Friday Roundtable: Foreign Policy."
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerry Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR
- Conversations with Nick Hayes
- Nick Hayes in Moscow
- Putin vs Obama: The New Cold War?
- What does Russian President Vladimir Putin want?
- Russian Hacking and Interference with the U.S. Election
More Speaking Events