News and Events
Green Card and Other Essay's author to visit CSB/SJU
Áine Greaney will visit SJU Wednesday, November 20 from 4:30-6:00pm in the Saint John's Pottery
Áine Greaney was born and raised in County Mayo, Ireland and currently lives on the North Shore. She works as a health writer and communications professional for a number of non-profit organizations. She is the winner of many awards including, the Hennessy Award for New Irish Writing, the Fish Anthology, the Rubery International Book Award, the Frank O’Connor Award, the Irish News Short Story Award and Indie Lit 2011.
Her fifth book, “Green Card & Other Essays” was recently published earlier this year and is a compilation of first-person essays on immigration. Her title essay “Green Card” was cited a notable “Best American Essays 2013” and her essay “Sanctuary” was nominated for a Pushcart Prize. In “Green Card & Other Essays”, Greaney tells her three-decade long journey from being an Irish citizen to a naturalized U.S. citizen. Her essays provide an intimate perspective on the challenges that many immigrants face when coming from all countries to the United States.
- Nick Hayes appeared on TPT's Almanac Friday, March 3, 2017, for an interview and commentary of the Russian connection to Trump
- What will Putin get out of Trump?
- On Trump's behavior, Putin - and why a Russian adage keeps ringing in my head
- Trump and Putin: the bros in arms
- As the ruble tumbles, Putin stumbles — and upheaval looms in Russia
- Find all of Nick's MinnPost articles and interviews here
Minnesota Public Radio
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerri Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Putin's Visible Hand."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Friday Roundtable: Foreign Policy."
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerry Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR
- Conversations with Nick Hayes
- Nick Hayes in Moscow
- Putin vs Obama: The New Cold War?
- What does Russian President Vladimir Putin want?
- Russian Hacking and Interference with the U.S. Election