News and Events
This Land: America Lost and Found author to visit CSB/SJU
Dan Barry will visit SJU Thursday, September 12 from 4:30-6:00pm in the Saint John's Pottery
Dan Barry will visit our campus to continue a tradition initiated three years ago to sponsor an annual Irish-themed event in honor of the late Sr. Colman O’Connell.
Barry is no stranger to our campus. He will be making his third visit. He is a journalist and author of four other books, including Pull Me Up; The Bottom of the 33rd Hope, Redemption and Baseball’s Longest Game; and The Boys in the Bunkhouse: Servitude and Salvation in the Heartland. He is the recipient of the George Polk Award, the American Society of Newspaper Editors Award, Mike Berger Award for in-depth human-interest reporting, and the PEN/ESPN Award for Literary Sports Writing.
This Land compiles the best of ten years of Barry’s writing and depicts an America “not the one populated by the pundits and politicians of cable news, but the America defined and redefined by those who clean hotel rooms, tend the beet fields, and endure through floods, tornadoes, and oil spills.”
For more information on Dan Barry and the upcoming event, click here.
- Nick Hayes appeared on TPT's Almanac Friday, March 3, 2017, for an interview and commentary of the Russian connection to Trump
- What will Putin get out of Trump?
- On Trump's behavior, Putin - and why a Russian adage keeps ringing in my head
- Trump and Putin: the bros in arms
- As the ruble tumbles, Putin stumbles — and upheaval looms in Russia
- Find all of Nick's MinnPost articles and interviews here
Minnesota Public Radio
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerri Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Putin's Visible Hand."
- Nick Hayes on MPR "Friday Roundtable: Foreign Policy."
- Nick Hayes on "International Roundtable with Kerry Miller."
- Nick Hayes on MPR
- Conversations with Nick Hayes
- Nick Hayes in Moscow
- Putin vs Obama: The New Cold War?
- What does Russian President Vladimir Putin want?
- Russian Hacking and Interference with the U.S. Election