FAQs for Prospective Students
- When will campus visits resume and when will they occur?
The campus visit experience is crucial to effectively share the value of a CSB/SJU experience. The Office of Admission follows the guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention to promote the safety and wellbeing for all individuals. With this in mind, group visit programming remains suspended until further notice.
Individual campus visits are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturdays. To maintain social distancing and safety measure guidelines, a limited number of individual visit appointments will be taken throughout the day.
- How will the campus visits be scheduled?
A centralized scheduling program will assure that we are following social distancing and safety measure guidelines.
Visits may be scheduled through the following ways:
- Where will the campus visits start and end?
To follow these guidelines, all campus visits at CSB will start in the Schoenecker Commons Admission Visitor Center. At SJU, all visits will begin at the admission office in the Quadrangle. Meeting areas on both campuses in these facilities will be open and accessible for discussions allowing for proper social distancing.
Visitors will be able to access Schoenecker during normal visitor hours. SJU visitors, arriving at the Quad, will be asked to call the admission office at 320-363-2197 upon arrival and a admission staff member will open the Quad (Great Hall entrance) and escort visitors to the admission office.
- Will the admission offices be staffed?
Yes, the admission offices are being staffed in limited numbers. All staff members will be required to wear face coverings in all common areas and in situations where they are not isolated in their respective offices or in a room in which six feet of separation can be maintained.
- Will all campus buildings and areas be accessible?
No. To maintain the safety and health of the campus community this summer and for the return of students this fall, not all buildings will be accessible on campus tours. However, the outdoor guided tour will take advantage of the exterior campus setting and additional information will be provided.
- Am I still able to apply for admission for the 2020-2021 school year?
Yes, CSB/SJU is still accepting applications for 2020-2021 school year. Review our application checklist for more information.
- Is there space in the Fall 2020 class and can I still submit my enrollment deposit?
Yes! We are still taking enrollment deposits for the fall and would love to have you be part of the CSB/SJU class of 2024. Review the steps to enroll.
- I haven’t had a chance to visit—how can I learn more about CSB/SJU before I decide to enroll?
- Our admission team is here to help you learn all about the great things CSB/SJU has to offer. There are many virtual visit opportunities on Explore CSB/SJU From Home as well.
- How can I get help with my student aid award if we have special circumstances due to COVID-19?
- Our admission and financial aid teams remain committed to doing all we can in helping you make a successful transition to CSB/SJU. Please contact our financial aid office if you have specific questions about your situation.
- How can I get my admission questions answered?
- We encourage you to browse our website for the most complete information about the admission process at CSB/SJU. We are working to make ourselves as available as possible to answer more specific questions. Please feel free to reach out to us in any of the following ways:
Phone – 320-363-5060
Toll Free – 800-544-1489
Email – [email protected]