Study and Common Space Safety Protocols
We are following the guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please know that the policies below may change as we address any uncertainties and changes associated with COVID-19.
- Faculty, staff and students must wear a mask at all times when in common areas of academic buildings. This includes when in the study spaces, classrooms, when entering and exiting the building, while moving through the hallways and while in restrooms. If individuals are unable to use a mask, they may use a face shield as an appropriate substitute.
- Everyone must practice social distancing when entering and leaving study and common spaces.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving common areas. Individuals are expected to provide their own hand sanitizer, but some will be available in a central location in each academic building.
- These spaces will be disinfected once each weekday by custodial staff. Disinfecting supplies will be made available to students who are asked to wipe down surfaces after each use.
- All study and common spaces have been outfitted with furniture to house an appropriate number of students to allow for 6-foot social distancing in that space. There is a diagram hanging in each area that demonstrates the appropriate organization. If you must move the furniture, please maintain appropriate social distancing and return the furniture to its original configuration after usage.
- Students can face each other in common and study spaces as long as they are 6 feet apart and wearing a mask. Individuals can be less than 6 feet apart for no more than 15 minutes.