All students, faculty, staff and visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering that covers both the nose and mouth when they are on the CSB and SJU campuses. Masks are not required when alone in a private room (office, residence hall room) or in a private vehicle. Face shields are an appropriate substitute for individuals who cannot wear masks due to medical or other conditions.
A mask or face covering is required when:
- entering/exiting and moving around campus buildings
- in classrooms and labs
- in dining areas (when not engaged in eating)
- in public and communal spaces
- standing in line for and riding the LINK bus
- in any social interaction where physical distancing of at least 6 ft. cannot be consistently maintained
Two reusable cloth masks will be provided to each member of the CSB/SJU community. Additional masks are available for purchase at the bookstores.
A growing body of research is indicating that COVID-19 is often spread via asymptomatic carriers. With this knowledge and the evidence that masks are effective in limiting the spread of COVID-19, each member of the CSB/SJU community, and visitors to campus, are required to abide by this protocol.