Campus Events and Activities
January 22, 2021: CSB Spring Semester Top 10
Spring 2021 Protocols for Programs, Events, Activities and Meetings
- In order to enhance the student experience, student clubs and organizations as well as campus departments will be able to have indoor, in-person meetings and programs with 15 or fewer people beginning January 25, 2021.
- Programs are limited to those that allow participants to be stationary in the location.
- In-person outdoor programs and activities can take place beginning January 25, 2021 with attendance limited to 15 or fewer and expectations for masking and social distancing.
- Attendance capacities will increase based on COVID positivity rate on campus and other COVID health and safety factors.
Examples of programs that can take place:
- Club and Organization Meetings
- TV Show/Movie Viewing Parties
- Zoom Speaker Viewing Parties
- Regular Club Meetings
- Take and Make Projects
- Study Groups
- Bible/Scripture/Book Study Groups
- Yoga/Group exercise
- Mask or face coverings will be worn over mouth and nose
- People must be at least 6 feet apart
- At indoor programs, individuals should remain stationary (seated at a desk/table/chair)
- No food or beverages
- Attendance must be recorded
- The first two weeks, January 25-February 7 have been designated as “quiet weeks” while students return to campus.
- Small, indoor, in-person, indoor programming with 15 or fewer people will be possible during this time. As it is safe to do so, we will increase capacities to 25 or fewer people and then 50 or fewer people.
- Adjustments to attendance capacities will be dependent on COVID positivity rates.
Process for Student Clubs and Organizations
- Contact CSB or SJU Events to reserve a space, if a space is needed.
- Complete an event notification form (https://www.csbsju.edu/forms/86VWQKYPCF)
- The notification will be sent to appropriate offices.
- Attendance must be recorded and provided to Student Activities and Leadership Development within 24 hours after the program
- In-person outdoor programming will be offered, and available beginning January 25 and attendance is limited to 15 people. Masking and social distancing are expected.
- Ice Rinks at both CSB and SJU are limited to recreational skating and with 13 or fewer skaters at any time.
- Intercollegiate Athletics, Club Sports and Intramurals will begin practice and competitions following the regulations established by the MN Department of Health, the MIAC and the NCAA.