Dear CSB/SJU Students, Faculty and Staff:
The Pandemic Planning Committee has met to discuss the current conditions around COVID-19. We have had two student positive cases in the past 18 days and one employee positive case in the past week. We have also reached 90% vaccinated for our students as well as our employees.
Because of this, our policy remains as announced on Oct. 1: https://www.csbsju.edu/covid-19/campus-communications/100121-mask-update. Masking will move to strongly encouraged, but not required, in classrooms on Oct. 30.
Masks are still required:
- On buses, public transportation, and in counseling and health services facilities due to federal regulation
- In our large performance venues (CSB Escher Auditorium, CSB Colman Theater, CSB Gorecki Family Theater, and SJU Humphrey Theater)
- For spectators during indoor athletic contests
- For unvaccinated visitors to campus in indoor locations
Faculty can still choose to require masks in their individual classrooms. There will be signs available on every classroom door that faculty can add or remove to help communicate their expectations around masking in the classroom.
Our Benedictine values stand as reminders to respect all persons and care for our community. As such, it’s important to remember that:
- Mask wearing is fully supported and encouraged for any individuals who choose, and especially for those who have any upper respiratory symptoms.
- There is a higher rate of transmission in Stearns County than on our campuses. We encourage our students and employees to mask indoors when off-campus in order to help protect our entire CSB/SJU community.
Chair, CSB/SJU Pandemic Planning Committee