COVID-19 Bivalent Booster vaccines will be available at Walk-in Flu Clinics on Campus
September 21, 2022
What are COVID-19 Bivalent Booster Vaccines?
Bivalent vaccines are updated booster vaccines that protect against the original strain of COVID-19 and the Omicron variants currently circulating (BA.4 and BA.5). Updated COVID-19 boosters can both help restore protection that has decreased since previous vaccination and provide broader protection against newer variants.
Who is eligible for Bivalent Booster Vaccine?
People age 12 and older are now recommended to get an updated Bivalent booster dose at least 2 months after their final primary series dose or last booster shot.
- CSB and SJU Health Services will have updated Pfizer Bivalent booster which is authorized for people age 12 and older.
- Everyone who is eligible—including those who are moderately or severely immunocompromised—are recommended to receive one dose of the updated vaccine.
How can I get Bivalent Booster Vaccine?
- Staff, students and faculty can receive the booster at the same time as influenza vaccine during walk-in campus events:
- September 26th from 9 AM to 1 pm at CSB, Gorecki 120
- October 4th from 11 AM to 3 pm at SJU, Mary Hall 25
- October 6th from 11 AM to 3 pm at CSB, Gorecki 120
- October 12th from 9 AM to 1 pm at SJU, Mary Hall 25
- No appointments are available at CSB and SJU Health Services at this time.
What should I do on day of walk in vaccine clinic?
- Bring your previous COVID-19 vaccine card.
- Come well hydrated and not on an empty stomach.
Can I get my seasonal influenza vaccine and COVID-19 Bivalent Booster Vaccine on the same day?
- Yes! You can receive both on the same day.
What is the cost of the vaccines?
- The COVID-19 Bivalent booster is FREE
- The influenza vaccine is $20. The clinic will accept cash, check or charge to student account (students only.)
For more information, visit CDC: Stay Up to Date with Your COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters.
Casey Gordon, PhD
Chair, Pandemic Planning Committee
Chief Information Officer
College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University